Monday, September 19, 2011

FanExpo Canada: The Adventure Wraps Up (Finally)


First off, as I'm sure you've noticed, Turn Pages, Press Leaves has a new layout!  Why, you ask?  Well, there are two reasons, the first being that it's autumn, and I love autumn colours possibly more than I loved the pale pink of the old layout.  The second reason is that I started this incarnation of the blog to showcase my photos, and I don't feel I was doing that with such a small layout.  I'm still getting the hang of this one, so if things get a little wonky here and there, don't worry, it shall be fixed.

Anyway, here is the last batch of the photos from FanExpo -- only a month late. But it really was so fun, that I couldn't quite let it go, and there were still a few costumes that I wanted to share!

You all might not know this, but I am a HUGE How to Train Your Dragon fan.  As in, I can't get enough of it.  My mom even bought me a stuffed dragon.  Last year, someone actually went to FanExpo as Toothless, but I was super excited to find a really good Astrid this August!  It makes me want to be Hiccup for Halloween this year (not that I ever have anything to do on Halloween anymore).  There was also a weird squid thing (is this from something?  if it is, I'm really curious to know what it is), and I'm pretty sure he/she laid on the floor for 90% of the event.  And the piece de resistance -- DOCTOR WHO.  I just about died.  I love, love, love Matt Smith's Doctor Who, and I'm going as the girl version of him next year.  This guy was probably the best I saw all weekend -- I mean, he really looks like Matt Smith, don't you think?  I fangirled.
Steampunk and Star Wars galore this summer.  And of course super heroes -- Luke just had to take a picture with this excellent Carnage.  God bless natural light.  Those R2D2s were remote control, and made all the sounds and everything, which was really neat, and War Machine was totally legit.  Needless to say, it was a feast for the eyes, but I think last year's FanExpo was the best for costumes.  Oh, and I saw Tom Felton in the flesh, and was less impressed than I thought I'd be.  Oh well.  Still awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment