Saturday, November 5, 2011

first five

..Not to be confused with "Fast Five". Har har.  In any case, I've completed the first five days of the 365 day project.  It's still pretty early on (as in, very early on), but I'm enjoying it thus far.  I'm hoping I'm able to commit for an entire year, but if I make it even halfway through, I'll still be proud of myself.  


Day One: Old Faithful


This is a picture of my Bible.  It was my fourteenth birthday present.  It's been highlighted, underlined, doodled in, spilled on, and sprayed with paint.  But it still serves its purpose.

Day Two: Good Things Come in Small Packages

The subject of this picture was supposed to be the tea bag inside the tea cup.  But my mom and I got a little carried away setting up the vignette, and it turned into an entire still life.  Interestingly, until quite recently, I hated still life anything.

Day Three: Pet

He's more than just a pet, really.

Day Four: Portrait

This was supposed to be a serious portrait, but it never works out that way with my dad.  I still love it.

Day Five: Small

I take a lot of pictures of things in my hand, but I liked the way it showed the scale of this tiny tea cup.  My friend brought me back a whole miniature tea set, actually.

Well, there you have it, the first five days.  I'm happy with the results, especially the black and whites.  It's taking all my willpower not to convert everything into black and white, now that I have some really nice Photoshop actions.

NaNoWriMo Update:  I've officially crossed the 10 000 word mark.  It was my hope to get well ahead, since I know I won't be getting a lot of writing done this weekend.  However, I didn't take into account that by Monday, I won't have a buffer anymore.  Oh well...I guess Sunday night and Monday morning will be filled with the scurry of frantically typing fingers!




No comments:

Post a Comment