Tuesday, August 30, 2011

FanExpo Canada: the Adventure Begins

This past Thursday and Saturday, my boyfriend and I went to FanExpo Canada.  It's basically like ComicCon, but in Toronto.  It's that special time of year when you can get your geek on, and no one will judge you for it.  I've been three times now; the first two times my roommates and I went as chick Kirk, Spock, and McCoy.  I was Kirk, and it was totally rocking.  We even had the opportunity to meet Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner, and this year Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) was there, but not on the days that I went.  But I hung up my Star Trek this year in lieu of going as movie Rogue; aka, Anna Paquin as Rogue.  The thing is, my boyfriend agreed to go as green shirt Kirk last year, so the trade off was I had to be an x-men character this year.  All in all, I was pleased with the choice.  Luke went as Wade Wilson (Deadpool) on Thursday, and Wolverine.



I'm splitting up this post into two, because there are really a lot of pictures.  We saw so many amazing, creative, unique costumes, and unfortunately I wasn't able to photograph a lot of them.  For instance there was a great Assassins Creed costume, which I have to say I'm coveting a little bit. 


 Enjoy!  Look forward to some more great costumes later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment