Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The ROM: China and Japan

First of all, I'd like to apologize for my minor absence.  Things have been hectic over here (rehearsals for the show I'm stage managing, doctor's appointments, popping about town to see friends -- you know how it is).  But I promised you a post on the Chinese and Japanese exhibit from the ROM, so here it is!  Although this is the third post in the series, it was actually the first exhibit we saw, and it's always one of my favourites (I have a lot of favourites though).  The statues are so expressive, and I also love the stylization.  It was too bad that the prints didn't photograph nicely, because Japanese art is really stunning.  I realized as I was putting together the post that I left out pretty much all of the pottery, but I'm more of a figural sculpture kind of gal anyway.


Doesn't it look like those two are having a good conversation?

No comments:

Post a Comment